A Sea-Inspired Shiplap Kitchen on the Lake
Introducing Coastal Style to the Kitchen
Clients of this lovely Minnetonka lakeside property had aspirations of updating their kitchen and turning it from rustic to more of a coastal style. A relaxed atmosphere was important, and since they lived in this home year-round, they were looking for all the comforts and amenities of a lavish kitchen.
The kitchen and dining areas were sectioned off by several arched soffits and posts, and the design of the new kitchen involved removing all of them. This offered a fabulous open concept, allowing for ample traffic flow around a new large island and dining table, and a better sense of connectedness with the rest of the first floor.
Minnetonka and the surrounding towns are known for their beautiful lakeside properties, so naturally, the coastal, nautical kitchen style our clients were after was the perfect home redesign. We achieved a gorgeous coastal-style kitchen by adding design details like custom shiplap paneled wood and nautical-inspired kitchen colors.Contact Us
Custom Paneled Wood Hood for a Shiplap Kitchen
- Painted white custom shiplap wood hood, over large professional range
- Trendy shiplap on the kitchen soffits gives transitional flare while tying into the nautical blue island (being the Minnetonka home is a lakeside property) which coordinates with the same shiplap on the back of the bold kitchen island
Ship-Worthy Shiplap Kitchen Details
- Shiplap continued throughout the kitchen cupboards
- Lift-up mixer shelf, convenient for heavy mixer storage
- Sturdy & easy to use for heavy appliances
- Ample counter space in addition to the large island
- Shiplap details mixed with stainless steel appliances to modernize the nautical kitchen look
Cape Cod Kitchen on Lake Minnetonka
This deep blue paint color of the island anchors this large space. The simple door styling and clean white paint tie the kitchen together and give it a nautical Cape Cod feel.
Integrated appliances were a must-have. At one end of the kitchen is a beverage area where a built-in coffee maker, ice maker and a beverage storage center are located.
At the opposite corner of the kitchen, an existing built-in hutch was painted to match the kitchen cabinetry. Final touches to this coastal-inspired kitchen were the X-patterned glass cabinet fronts, blue knobs on the range, a handy pot filler and the simple glass tiles of the backsplash.
It’s a welcoming bright kitchen and the clean, yet rustic shiplap detail is perfectly suited for any Minnetonka lakeside property!
Get In Touch
Get in touch with our team and we’ll get back to you soon.