Custom Home Theater Room in Minnesota
A Mediterranean Refresh for Film and Family Fun
For 65 years, a small white rambler quietly stood atop a hill as new Woodbury neighborhoods grew around it. When the house was purchased in 2012, the new owners had grand visions for their dream home design (custom home theater room, anyone?) as they looked over their 2 ½ acre lot.
The parent’s room was designed to give them a bright, calm space to relax. The design of the master suite included a spa-like bathroom with an oval tub and steam shower as well as a large walk-in closet with its own dressing room.
The kitchen was characterized by clean lines and natural light. Featuring a barrel vaulted ceiling finished with metallic glazed plaster, floor-to-ceiling cedar cabinets with built-in Meile coffee maker, Wolf double ovens, a Sub Zero refrigerator, and stainless steel appliance garage.
Family-Friendly Custom Home Theater Room
There is no lack of character throughout this space, with distinct pops of personality throughout. The lower level boasts a special hangout area for the children that includes a custom bathroom styled like a locker room, steel wall panels, an 8’ sliding barn door, and built-in storage for games and toys.
On the same floor is a stone-walled wine closet, U-shaped cherry bar, and the pièce de résistance: a custom home theater room. The theater featured all of our favorite home theater design ideas: comfortable two-tiered seating, curved theater marquis, and an 8’ double-door entrance.
Interior details include:
- Beautiful cherry wood throughout: 8’ interior doors, kitchen cabinets, etc.
- Chic exposed and aesthetically distressed beams in dining and great rooms
- Enameled millwork and wide trim throughout
- Stone arch feature wall and barrel vaulted ceiling in kitchen
- Marvin windows, including four sets of 10′ walk-out patio doors
- Dual-sided fireplace
- Heated wooden floors using Wirsbo PEX
- Fireplace feature wall containing hot rolled steel panels
- Personalized entertainment spaces for each member of the family
- Unique boy’s bathroom with locker room aesthetic, double shower, and trough sink
- Cherry bar topped by durable granite countertops
- Textured Mediterranean stucco exterior
- Land and hardscaping that includes patios, pergola, and pool
- Stamped, stained concrete sidewalks
- Custom-designed arched wooden entrance and side doors
- Wrought iron railings for decks and stoops
Get In Touch
Feel free to drop us a line by filling out this form, going to our Contact Us page, or dialing our number.